"I've escaped it, a life wasted/And I'm never going back again." - Pearl Jam, "Life Wasted"

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Rage Against The Machine

Letting off steam ahead of a tough week.

- One more story by techie reporters about how the 3G handphones are gonna change the world we live in, and I'll shove the latest Nokia phones up their asses.

- On a (now) rare CD plundering, I bought Oasis, Coldplay, Doves, Interpol (Antics) and Manic Street Preachers (Holy Bible). The last two are for posterity, I think they work better as complete albums rather than on random mp3 playlists. Didn't really like Doves, but I'll give it a bit more time to sink in. Coldplay started off brilliant - chills through the first seven songs. Then, it sags terribly before the hidden track. Surprisingly, the best album so far came from a band whom I thought: "I've supported them for so long, I know they're nowhere as good as before, but heck I'll still buy their record." Tops, Oasis, for an album of surprises. Here's a tip, Chris Martin and gang - put two of your best songs at the end of the record, not the start.

- Thank goodness for the NBA Finals, otherwise I have to call ESPN Star Sports to rant about the utter crap they've been churning out these days. Watching rednecks racing their trashy cars around a dirt track for 60 minutes is enough to depress me for the day. Then they show golf after golf after golf, with no Tiger Woods in sight, thereby boring me to tears.

- For fuck's sake, enough on the stupid "LKY admits he was stupid to say no to Formula One" news follow-ups. For once, I agree with Ol' Harry's decision, and he says he's stupid. Goodness, I am beginning to hate all motor racing. The cars are so advanced that they determine the best driver. Look at Schumacher - his Ferrari is crap this year, so he's struggling. C'mon, that's not sport, that's just some overblown test driving. Formula One racing is like the pretentious geeks of sports. Give me the EPL anytime.

- I still shit too much. But this is it's diarrhoea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home