"I've escaped it, a life wasted/And I'm never going back again." - Pearl Jam, "Life Wasted"

Monday, June 06, 2005

Country Feedback

Thoughts that drifted in:

- Heard from Billy that Interpol may be heading here, so I re-spinned "Turn On The Bright Lights". Hit me like the cold blasts of wind I experienced in London. It's the track listing that did the trick. Listen to "Obstacle 1", "NYC" and "PDA" flow like liquid tar into your heart. I didn't realise, but now I do. It's the best album I bought last year.

- Re-read my friend Neil's first book, his humourous observations of Singapore. Surprisingly, it made me sad. Sometimes, Singaporeans make me sick.

- I'm still trying to convince myself that dieting is enjoyable. I've lost 4kg though.

- She puts the weights in my heart. Well said, Paul Banks. But sometimes, she also lifts it away for a fleeting second, and I live for it.

- I feel we music lovers are sometimes too harsh on new bands. Bloc Party will never be like Franz Ferdinand, Kasabian don't kick as much as Oasis, blah blah blah....... hey, what's the rush to come up with your magnum opus? Not all can hit the mark on their first attempt. Bloody Singaporean mentality again.

- Soccer withdrawal symptoms about to kick in..... now that French Open tennis is over.

- I shit too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home