"I've escaped it, a life wasted/And I'm never going back again." - Pearl Jam, "Life Wasted"

Friday, April 01, 2005

Life's Rich Pageant

Presto. My own blog. How about that?

Balancer of life. Didn't know what to describe myself in the profile. Then this popped into my mind.

It's pretty accurate. I don't think life is lived to the fullest if one traps himself in a certain mood, belief, lifestyle, tradition, rule, law, genre....

I've tried the best part of my adult life not to be limited. To allow myself to move in between and embrace extremes, then find the best balance of living a complete life. Sometimes I can, sometimes I cannot. But I'm content.

It's not difficult. Only your mind can restrict. Try to embrace all of these:

the important and the mundane
the sacred and the profane
the pragmatic and the romantic
the acoustic and the electric
the thrifty and the indulgent
the cautious and the reckless
the sedate and the aggression
the moody and the cheery
the nihilism and the optimism
the individual and the collective
the artistic and the commercial
the dumb and the smart

Maybe you can find some balance too. Oh well, whatever, nevermind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home